3 February 2016

Bird week

Carrying on from the last post, I thought I would have a bird week this week. Also I thought it would tie in with the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch that happened last weekend. For more info on that go to
rspb.org.uk. I decided to take some pictures this morning and managed o see the following birds in our garden. Blue tits in the contorted willow tree and on the willow fence.



Sparrows all over the place but these were on the top of the front hedge, one of their favourite roosting places.

An extra fat wood pigeon on the top of the children's swing.

And a robin that hopped about all over and was singing loudly. This was the best photo.


I also saw (and heard) a wren, but couldn't get a decent photo, and the same for a great tit. Seagulls (Herring gulls) were flying about high up, they had probably come inland to shelter from the recent storms. If I see or manage to photograph any other birds this week I'll post them.